Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Have a 2008 4 cyl. sat. vue. 120k miles. recently engine

Customer Question

have a 2008 4 cyl. sat. vue. 120k miles. recently engine overheated engine was shut down immediately found coolant level low replaced coolant engine runs fine but am loosing coolant very slowly (small leak) no visible external signs of leak did hydrocarbon test of cooling sys. no indication of hydrocarbons in cooling system. what do you think
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin. Sorry to hear of your troubles it's good news that the hydrocarbon test was negative which suggests you do have a leak somewhere you really have two choices have the system pressure tested at a garage to show up leak or you can get a stop leak and put it in system to see if it improves .k seal is a brand of stop leak that I strongly recommend if you wanted to go down this route