Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Erratic idle it will accelerate on its own and dies it wont

Customer Question

Erratic idle it will accelerate on its own and dies it wont start again untill engine cools down for about one hour
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the engine stalls and the problem is occurring you are going to need to check to see if you have spark at the spark plug as well as injector pulse and fuel pressure starting with the fuel pressure test first . Normal fuel pressure on a properly working pump should be right at 26 to 41 PSI. Anything less then 26 PSI would indicate a failing fuel pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All those tests have been done you are not giving me an answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not getting an answer from you guys just a run around and i want a real answer not the b s
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know. Can you tell me if it is losing spark or fuel?