Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn VUE: my 2003 saturn vue has stall problems.i know

Customer Question
Hi my 2003 saturn vue...
Hi my 2003 saturn vue has stall problems.i know my security light does flash three times when kwy is on and before failed ignition attempts.vie stalls out and used to power back on while in motion but no more.it will run all day at an idle.fuel gage issues.and dashlights flash randomly and seem to be involvedvw stalling. I can make mt dash lights flash or glitch thevsame when i hit top of dash .only seems to stall when over 20 mph
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 day by:
7/26/2015
Saturn Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if you have issues starting the vehicle? Is the check engine light coming on?
If security flashes three times, no start. Thats rare. Usually starts fine then dies. Can u call.(###) ###-####
No check engine light
Thanks for the info. It sounds like you might have a failing pass lock sensor or ignition switch. It may even be a failing body control module. Do you have a voltage meter to run through some tests?
Yes
Just had ignition switch replaced
I have a multi meter and cose reader but my dlc has no power
Should i get it out and go outside to car?
Did ththis start after the switch was replaced?
Nope before
Checked and upgraded ground wires that cause issues .....behind r headlamp on frame under oil filter and right of valve cover exct. I can make dash lights glitch out like when i hit my dash.i believe failing dash lights are in sync with the syalling
R u too busy right now to help me? Lmk please
Then it may be the body control module. I would first check the ground connection for the module. This is located behind the driver side kick panel. This is under the driver side of the dash on the far left behind the plastic cover. Remove this cover and you will see the ground connection.
Ok ive checked harness plug under kick pannel but do not see a ground.i have my obd plug and above it another block of 7 to 10 black wires that all go into same (connector) thing that has a cap over prongs so nothing can plug into it is that the ground your talking about
Is the ground a stud and nut in the body under kick pannel? I cant find the ground
If its the bcm how do i program it?
The ground Is a bolted in ground. I will see if I have a picture. As for the BCM it needs to be programmed by the dealer.
Ok well of you know theres a bolted in ground there ill look again and im sure ill find it and check it...and let you know what i find.the symptoms seem like it may be a bad ground to bcm or bad bcm.remember when i hit dash it effects rhe dash lights that are shorting and seem to be related to stalling.
There is also a ground connection under the passenger side kick panel that can affect this. I have seen a couple of Vue's that have it in this location for some reason.
Still no ground.i can can pull harness out and no grounds there
So under the passenger kick panel up towards the dash there is no ground?
I have a cluster of black wires that go into a block or plug with no wires comming out inly in.bpth sides have this.the passenger side plastic bloch is mounted to body under kick pannel and driver side is sharing harness with obd2 plug.it has no metal part toground and is just setup there
That black plastic piece on the passenger side should be the ground pack. It should bolt to a clean metal part of the body.
Ok ill check that ground
Let me know. Make sure it is mount to clean metal.
Rhe grounds are good and clean.car still died but wont start this time the dashlights were dimming due to bad dimmer switch so its unplugged.
Is the engine cranking or does it act like a dead battery?
Engine cranks
At this point all of this leads to the body control module for me. If you want I can opt out and see if anyone else has other ideas, but I think this is what you need.
Ohh Noo buddy!!.you seem familiar with these saturns and we can get through t his togeather.
Thank you. I think you need to move forward with the BCM at this point.
Im going to get it now
Let me know what happens and we can continue if needed.
I will need your help tomorrow when i get my part
Sounds good. If I'm not online at the time please give me time to respond. Thank you.
Ok I got bcm how do I program it?
As I had previously mentioned it can only be programmed by the dealer or by a shop that has the corrects type of scan tool that has the GM programming in it.
Ok it'll be here monday and I got appointment with dealership Monday.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician