K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Saturn relay: not sure you can 2006 Saturn relay no power to

Customer Question

not sure you can 2006 Saturn relay no power to pink wire on control module,has crank,fuel,no start happened after someone replaced the battery and they may have shorted the post on fuse block or messed with fuse block wiring
Category: Saturn
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 years ago.
Hello, could you give me the 8th VIN character? Also are you talking about a pink wire at the PCM or ignition control module?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's the 3.9 v6 the eight is a 1 the power wire to the ignition module or coil pack
Thanks , the pink wire at the ignition control module gets power from a 15 amp fuse in the under hood fuse and relay block. there's a powertrain relay that feeds power to the fuse.chek that fuse first it should be fuse 15 I'll post a link below to the wiring diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relays for ignition are good fuses in underhood fuse box has been checked I have wiring diagrams
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have shop key and a snap on versus
Great, if you remove the fuse is there continuity on that pink wire from fuse to the ICM?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that's what I was getting at fuses good no continuity to pink wire the fuse feeds the relay and goes to the module correct
relay feeds fuse then goes to module. If you wanted to do a quick test you could use a 15 amp fused jumper wire right at the pink wire the module.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have continuity from two of the relay wires to the pink I was gonna do that other thing the low ref wire has ground is it supposed to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't know if anything would short computer out
I don't believe the low ref should have ground (yellow wire) I'd unhook the connector at ICM and ECM and see if it's got continuity or is shorting to ground.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you see I had continuity off two of the relay wires to the pink power wire at the module but not from fuse? Fuse feeds relay and relay to module
I missed that. We've got a GM grand master on staff here let me shoot this over to him.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Two coils are grounded but that's normal two will be then the next two will be
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anyone gonna call me or get back to me?