Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

Saturn astra: hellomy husband replaced my mas flow sensor

Customer Question

hello
my husband replaced my mas flow sensor and still getting p068. we have a new baro. press sensor but can't locate it. is this really the issue or is there something else to try instead?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Arench replied 2 years ago.
Good evening my name is ***** ***** I am happy to offer an opinion on this issue. The baro sensor is not known to fail on this car but it is attached to the fuel fill tube inside the body of the car.The P0068 code is a logic fault, meaning it does not relate directly to a circuit or component.The logic is that the car engine is processing more air than it should at some pre-determined time.Common causes for this problem are vacuum leaks, cracked air intake hoses, missing or improperlyinstalled engine oil dipstick or oil cap, cleaning the throttle body and rarely a failed engine computer.Check the items listed and clean the throttle body then retest. My only goal is for your satisfaction.If you feel I have not provided satisfactory service please speak up before rating as I can opt out.There are many great techs here that may be able to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
I did not receive a notification that you had responded from this 'Just Answer' service until a charge on my credit card showed up. I had already solved and traded in my car by that time. I will not be rating or using this service again.