Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Saturn sl2: i'm having trouble my saturn is overheating I don

Customer Question

i'm having trouble my saturn is overheating I don't know why help
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
To determine why the engine is overheating you need to start with making sure the cooling fans are coming on when the temp come up past 225 degrees as well as the thermostat is opening as it should. If both are okay then make sure the cooling system is full and no leaks in the system . To determine this you need to do a cooling system pressure test as well as testing the cap to be sure both hold pressure. Check these thing and post back with the results and we can work from there.