Bill
Bill, Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified Technician
50714430

I have 2008 Saturn Outlook XR with 76000 miles, I am only owner.

Customer Question

I have 2008 Saturn Outlook XR with 76000 miles, I am only owner. I just took in for the steering repair (that they don't contact you about) and was told that the CV boots and steering gear are leaking and neither is related or covered under the steering repair that GM is doing. I have reviewed online numerous complaints saying the same thing. How can these not be related?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
There is a special coverage for the pump assembly and the valve housing. There is no special coverage for the entire rack assembly. That was covered under the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper coverage. Basically if the rack seals are leaking, it is not the same part that is covered by the special policy. There is a special coverage on certain components but not the entire steering system. Also the CV boots were covered under the powertrain coverage which was 5 years 100,000 miles. That is also unrelated to the steering pump and valve housing assembly.
I realize it is not the answer you wanted to hear but it is the correct one nonetheless.
Bill
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Funny I am the only owner and I got no notice of any of these so called covered repairs but have had a dealer service the car from day one...all oil changes, tire rotations etc. I think this is a rip off and that they are related and now have another recall on the lift gate...these vehicles are JUNK...
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
I don't work for General Motors. I am only giving the correct answers to the question regarding this issues you are having. The vehicle came with a warranty and on two components of the steering system they offered a special coverage extending the coverage on those two items to ten years and 150,000 miles. They send notices for safety recalls but not necessarily special coverages. That doesn't mean they give a lifetime warranty on every component in the system. If the rack seals are leaking it is a separate component from the power steering pump which is mounted on the engine and GM warranties the rack for the 3 years 36,000 miles under the original warranty.
If you provide the last eight digits of the vin I can check exactly what warranty coverages apply to your vehicle.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry you are unhappy with your vehicle. I can only offer the correct answers for the questions you have. I offered to check all of your warranties remaining on the vehicle however I would need the last eight digits of the vin for that.