Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Saturn VUE: 03 Saturn 2.2 lost dash lights and power steer

Customer Question

03 Saturn 2.2 lost dash lights and power steering
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
When you say dash lights are you just referring to the instrument cluster or everything illuminated in the cab with the headlights on? Is there no assist from the power steering at all? Any other issues noted? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The cluster lights go out but the service light stay on no odm dosent light up and no power steering at all it all started with battier light on. So I change battier an alternator . The cluster lights up in on switch but go's right out after started.
The electronic power steering system will store a code when it fails, any way to get it scanned?For the lighting, we need to get the instrument cluster out to checking the wiring to see where the illumination issue is. Is that something you can do with help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I haven't got back to you. Still no luck yet. Found out there was a recall on the ignition switch. Hoped that was my problem. I had that fixed an that didn't solve it. Tested the new batterie I just put in an it's reading replace. An the new atentor is pulling 17 volts when first started. So I guess I'm going to try replacing both again. I'm thinking I'm getting to much power from altentor and it's making a power serge. I do get all the lights back on the cluster and power sterring back it I let the car set for 5 mins. After I start it.
Beyond what your going to try, I have nothing left to offer but to opt out in hopes another can pick up this post.