Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Saturn L300 that is running hot. I flushed the…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Saturn...
I have a 2004 Saturn L300 that is running hot. I flushed the cooling system, refilled it. I confirmed that the fans are running. It appears that water is flowing because it rushes into the overflow tank rapidly especially when car gets warmed up. I don't
see any water in the oil. It isn't smoking, it isn't running bad at all. It doesn't appear to be loosing any coolant. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Saturn
6/11/2015
Saturn Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Saturn Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Saturn Mechanic
Good possibility the head gasket has a leak and is allowing hot compression gases into the cooling system.
Or it could be as simple as a bad thermostat.
Has anything been done to try and repair this yet?
Do you have any further questions?
If not, please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.