Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Saturn l300: Cold air only blows out the top registers, it…

Customer Question
Cold air only blows out...
Cold air only blows out the top registers, it does not blow through the dash or floor. The air is cold, it just does not change from the defrost (top) to the Dash vents when the switch is moved.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Saturn
We did removed the switch from the dash and visually inspected for signs of burns or other issues, we found no evidence that it is the switch. Also, when the switch is moved, you can hear the air being redirected inside the dash, but the air does not flow out of different vents, it always blows through the defrost vents.... hope this helps... smiley face
6/8/2015
Saturn Mechanic: MPMoore, GM WORLD CLASS TECH replied 3 years ago
MPMoore
MPMoore, GM WORLD CLASS TECH
This is caused by a mode door actuator that has gone bad. The actuator moves the mode door which causes the change in air flow direction. The actuator is located inside the dash on the passengers side. You remove the glove box to get to the actuator, just replace the actuator, no need to program the system.