Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Is a 2002 saturn s seres dohc engine the same engine as a 2000 s seriesdohc engine, and wi

Customer Question

is a 2002 saturn s seres dohc engine the same engine as a 2000 s seriesdohc engine, and will the 2002 engine fit into the 2000 ? The 2000 saturn motor seized with a 130,000miles on it. I have located a 2002 dohc motor with 39,000miles and am wondering if it is ok to swap motors? In your e3stimation is it a good idea? the 2000 saturn is in very good condition other than the motor being seized. Would you make this swap if it is possible? What could i eexpect in longevity with a 39.000 mile engine?
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
It is a straight up swap between the 2000 to 2002 1.9L DOHC engine. Sensors all match up, engine matches up, intake matches, mounts, everything matches, so no other parts needed for this swap.
If it is a good price on the engine, it is worth the swap in my opinion. With 39K miles, with proper maintenance, you should be able to get 130K to 150K more miles out of it
If this were my personal car, I would do the swap
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks