Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn Aura XR: Is the GForce performance chip worth putting

Is the GForce performance chip...
Is the GForce performance chip worth putting on my 2008 Saturn Aura XR? if so, which 2 wires from the MAF/IAT sensor should it be3 attached to?
11/5/2013
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I've helped literally hundreds of people install the G-Force chips into their vehicles and have heard all sorts of different feedback- helps fuel economy, adds power but no fuel economy, does both, saw no improvements... it's all over the board. So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is, it's going to be your call as to what you see. So "is it worth it" will have to be something you decide. Either way, if you don't like it or want to remove it later, you can, without any problems. So trying it out can't hurt anything!

As for the install- the chip is installed in-line to the IAT (Intake Air Temp) Sensor. On this vehicle, the IAT is built into the Mass Air Flow sensor. At the MAF/IAT Sensor, the wire colors are:

TAN = IAT Signal ( + )
TAN/BLACK = IAT Reference ( - )

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

So those are the two wires I'm supposed to attach it to?

Correct.

At the MAF/IAT Sensor, the wire colors are:

TAN = IAT Signal ( + )
TAN/BLACK = IAT Reference ( - )

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -