Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Saturn VUE: My power steering in my 2003 Saturn Vue has failed

My power steering in my 2003 Saturn Vue has failed and it appears to be an electrical problem. I believe it is a blown fuse. I have removed the cover of the fuse box under the dash on the passenger side, which fuse is it? It is not shown by name on the cover. and what is the amp I should get? Thanks

Mal Bowen
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. There are actually 2 fuses for the electric power steering, the fuse in the instrument panel should be labeled EPS, if it is not let me know and I can see if I can upload a diagram, it is a 10 amp fuse. There is a larger 80 amp inline fuse under the hood near the left strut tower near the AC line(this can be difficult to locate). Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Daryl,

I have the cover here at my computer and see where the 10Amp EPS is located. I will go downstairs to my garage and try to locate the inline 80Amp fuse and I will let you know if I find it. Will I be able to tell if the inline 80Amp is burnt out or not? I will return in a minute after I check, thanks

Mal

You will have to remove the fuse to determine if it is blown, as with all fuses it will be burnt or separated in the middle of the fused area.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Daryl,

I found another black lidded fuse box near where you said the inline fuse should be It however does not have any fuses above 40 AMPs and none of them are marked as EPS. Is it possible for me to call you on my cell(w headset) I could them be under the hood following your directions. Something tells me this inline fuse you alude to is not in the black lidded fuse box and probably is my problem. The 10AMp fuse I replaced did not fix the problem.

Thanks, Mal

Sorry it is against the rules of this site to have any contact out of this forum, the 80 amp fuse is not in any fuse box and it will not be labeled, it is just a inline fuse and may or may not have a cover over it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Daryl,

I don't know anything about a forum but the Just answer website says I can ask for clarification in reply to your responses and that it is one charge. I didn't mean to violate any process, thanks

Mal

It is fine to ask as many follow ups as needed I mean that I can not call you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks now I understand,. I found the 80Amp inline fuse and will replace it just in case, thanks for your help I never would have seen that fuse. Thanks again.

Mal

No problem, thanks for asking.