Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn Relay: My Saturn Relay 2006 alarm sounds when in any

My Saturn Relay 2006 alarm...
My Saturn Relay 2006 alarm sounds when in any gear but park, have checked everything and have even driven and the alarm will not turn off, any suggestions??
6/13/2013
Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Is this the alarm that is similar to the alarm if the key is left on with a door opened or lights are left on with the key off?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

the alarm sounds like the one that warns of objects behind the car when you're backing up. Just a simple dingdingding that won't quit whenever the car is not in Park.

Does this vehicle have the park assist sensors in the bumpers for object detection?

yes

O.k.,if you look at these sensors is there any debris on any of them covering them up or are they damaged at all or pushed into the bumper at all?Have you tried to clean them off to see if the noise stops?

the rear sensor was pushed in, so we pulled it out so it was in position to detect rear objects. There was no change in the sounds, off only in Park. also another alarm sounds when moving: slower and less frequent lower rings.

Have you had fault codes checked in all computers in this vehicle at all and if so what codes were set?

we haven't any way of checking codes

O.k.,what can occur and cause this here that I have seen and have had to correct before is one or more of the sensors can become damaged internally electronically or can take a hit and become damaged this way as well.Then when put in any gear like this the vehicles object control unit will cause this alarm to sound to let you know there is a problem with the object detection system.Since you did have one sensor pushed in this may be the sensor that can be damaged internally.

I would have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes have set.This will require a scan tool that can read out all of the codes in this vehicle here.You might be able to get a local parts store to check the codes free of charge as most do in most places.Once the codes are checked then it can be diagnosed as to what component is at fault and then repaired from there to correct the fault.A local shop or dealer can also check the fault codes for this as well.

I suspect one or more of the sensors will be found at fault as this is most common for what you have described here and would need replaced as I have replaced several before.

Thanks Pete

HERE
is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here).
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

you did a good job of diagnosing my problem, which proved to me that the job was to tough for me to handle. I took it to a mechanic.

Thanks for your help.

Your welcome.I hope you can get this resolved with ease and if you need anything else in the future let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Saturn Mechanic