Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I need info on my 05 Saturn Vue check engine light scan codes:

Customer Question
I need info on my...
I need info on my '05 Saturn Vue check engine light scan codes: P0137, _0138, P0139, P0420, P2270, P2271
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2011
Saturn Mechanic: Amedee, Saturn Technician replied 5 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician
Hello!

How does the vehicle run?

If you clear the codes, which code comes back first?

Vehicle seems to run fine. Has been lit for a few months...I do not know how to clear codes.
SO your just looking for information on these codes?

Yes, please.
What size engine do you have?
2.5L V6
You mean 2.2 liter?

Husband says 2.5L...but I will defer to your
knowledge...
They only make a 2.2 liter engine and a 3.5 liter engine. One is a 4 cylinder and one is a 6 cylinder engine.

Okay - just got a response from family. it is a 3.5L 6-cylinder
Excellent!

P0137 is Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2) Circuit Low Voltage
P0138 is Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2) Circuit High Voltage
P0139 is Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2) Slow Response
P0420 is a converter efficiency code.
P2270 is Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2) Signal Stuck Lean
P2271 is HO2S Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2

It really sounds like you might just have a bad oxygen sensor after the converter on bank 1. Just be sure the wiring to this o2 sensor checks out ok and that there is power to this sensor with the key on engine running. If so, replace the o2 sensor and clear all of the codes using a scanner or by disconnecting the battery. Chances are this will do this trick.

I hope this helps! Please don't forget hit the green accept button so that I may get credit for the time that I have spent with you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

I do hope you are as honest with me about your vehicle as I have been with you. If you have any further questions or if you need more assistance, just hit the reply button and we can continue our conversation. Please remember, even if you accept my answer now, you can still repost or respond back to this thread at any time you wish at no further cost and I will be more than happy to continue to work with you until you are happy.

In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers. You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

AMEDEE
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician