15yearsaturnguy
15yearsaturnguy, Saturn master tech
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, 15 years with Saturn
26401883

Saturn VUE: I rebuilt the transmission on a 2003 saturn vue

I rebuilt the transmission on a 2003 saturn vue and can't get it to upshift. The transmission came in with no reverse and the reverse cluthes were burnt. The transmission did shift before rebuilding it. I get a code 1882, what can my problem be.

15yearsaturnguy :

Hello and thank you for your post. I am a master certified GM tech, with 15 years Saturn experience,and can help you to resolve your issue.

15yearsaturnguy :

After a case cover replacement , some vehicles may have low power as a result of the transaxle being stuck in an intermediate range. A Service Engine Soon indicator light (for DTC P1882) may also be illuminated.

The variable ratio control lever may be misaligned. This misalignment may be due to servicing of the case cover assembly without removing the valve body.

In order to ensure proper variable ratio control lever alignment, remove the control valve body assembly before the case cover assembly is removed.

When reinstalling the valve body assembly, one end of the variable ratio control lever must be properly positioned in the ratio control motor pintle (location #1), and the opposite end of the lever must be properly positioned in the variable drive pulley follower (location #2), which is located in the case cover.

15yearsaturnguy :

Full Size Image

15yearsaturnguy :

1.Remove valve body and inspect the variable drive pulley follower (#2) for damage.

If there is no damage, complete step 2 only.

If the variable drive pulley follower (#2) is damaged, complete step 3 only.

2.Reinstall the valve body following the Service Manual procedures ensuring the variable ratio control lever is correctly positioned at the ratio control motor pintle (#1) and the variable drive pulley follower (#2).

3.Replace the case cover assembly making sure to follow the updated Service Manual procedures which include removing the valve body prior to removing case cover and ensuring the ratio control lever is properly positioned in the ratio control motor pintle (location #1), and the variable drive pulley follower (location #2), when the valve body is re-installed.

15yearsaturnguy :

hope this helps