Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
28939717

Saturn ION-2 My malfunction indicator light has been since

My malfunction indicator light has been since purchased this Friday, previous owner reports that light was not on
until he ran it low on fuel. He said it should go off soon, side note he also said he "washed the engine and undercarriage"
My wife has driven it eveyday, the car runs great but MIL is on constantly. I would think it was dry if any electronics were
wet. ALso, at night, the little light that shines behind the oil temp where the MIL doesn't illuminate the oil status.
What are my options, could it just be the air in the fuel line and it will go away, or should I go to dealer.

Thanks

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

the light is not going to go out by itself you need to read and clear the fault

parts stores like Autozone will read your codes for free you can also ask them to clear the light at this time.

once you get this code number you can determine the cause of the light

let me know if you need more help

Paul

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can Advance Auto do the same read as AutoZone? Is it possible it was just running low on fuel

It's not likely it was because it was low on fuel

if the gas cap was left loose it can set a fault code

Advance should be able to read codes for you .. call them ahead to be on the safe side../

it is best to have the code read so you know for sure what was the cause

Paul