Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

94 Saturn: 10 amp..Fuel pump relay is clicking..fuel pump harness

Customer Question
94 Saturn SL2 no power...
94 Saturn SL2 no power at 10 amp fuel pump fuse with key on. Fuel pump relay is clicking when key is energized. Verified no power at fuel pump harness with key on.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Saturn
9/25/2010
Saturn Mechanic: cartech, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
if you put power to the pump will the car start and stay running
I dropped the tank and verified power was not getting to the pump. I was concerned that it was a connection issue, but removing the pump from tank and applying 12 V at two outer pins pump runs. The real problem I believe is 10 amp FP fuse with no power at either side of block. The FP relay is clicking but the fuel 10amp fuse still has no power to it.

if you take a jumper and put power to this fuse will the car run

I have to reinstall gas tank and pump assembly. I can try and see how it goes. How late will you be on
i will on until 10 eastern time with a break of about a half hour between 7:30 and 8
So if car runs, with power applied to harness than I have an open line right. Does the PCM provide power to FP circuit. Why would the fuse block have no power at it..do you have a schematic of fuel pump circuit 1994 SL2

i will be able to provide you with all you need as soon as i know if the car runs when you apply power to the fuse this will tell me that all other circuits are working if you can do this and get back to me i will be glade to assist you

Ok, with power supplied to tan wire off fuel pump, car will run.
ok but i would like to know if you put the power at the fuse if it runs
ok, are you saying supply 12v to one side of that 10 amp fuse...I cant really get it from back. Are you suggesting trying to fuse tap and appy 12v to it
yes do a fuse tap to see if it runs
I applied jumper to one side of 10 amp fuse and smoke started to come out.
that doesn't sound good at all let me look at a couple things
ya, it made me nervous too.
you have a short here is the issue the under hood fuse box supplys the voltage to this fuse from the IP BATT FUSE 30A if this is good then you have a short in the fuse box that holds the fuel pump fuse or the wire that leads from the under hood box to the dash fuse box
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
cartech
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician