15yearsaturnguy
15yearsaturnguy, Saturn master tech
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, 15 years with Saturn
26401883

2006 saturn vue: the code & procedure to unlock it, everything that I

The radio for my 2006 saturn vue is locked and I need the code & procedure to unlock it, everything that I have tried isnt working for me. Is there a way I can do it myself w/out taking it to the dealership
Hello and thank you for your post. I am a master certified GM tech and can help you to resolve your issue. After reading all the instructions below, go to the webpage at the end of the post and follow the instructions there. It charges a small fee but it is worth it.
here is step by step instructions.
Good luck and please click accept.
If your radio displays - - - - Or Lock: Unlocking A Locked SYS Using Factory Unlock Code - To Be Used Only If Customer Code Is Unknown When the theft-deterrent feature is armed or secure (SEC), the radio can enter the locked state if the power is removed from the radio for a long enough period or if the customer has accidentally entered the wrong number three times. (An error message is displayed after every wrong entry.) When the radio is locked, LOCK appears on the display and all radio functions are disabled. Before another attempt at the correct code can be made, the radio must be On and the display must show LOCK for an hour.
After an hour, "- - - -"will appear on the display and the correct code may be entered if it is known. You will only have three more chances to enter the code correctly before LOCK reappears.
If the customer code is unknown, perform the following steps to retrieve the customer code: Turn ignition ON. Turn radio power Off. While pressing and holding presets 1 and 2 for 5 Seconds , a four-digit number will appear on the radio display. (This four digit number is XXXXX the same as the customer's stored 4-digit code, but is needed before technical support is called.) Record this number (it is the radio display code). The website will instruct you what to do with the factory unlock code you receive... To unlock the radio and return to the SECURE state, follow the steps for "- - - - or LOCK: Unlocking a Locked System Using a Known Code."Use the factory unlock code as the "known code." NOTE: The factory unlock code received is the same as the code that was entered by the customer. Then do this... ----Or Lock: Unlocking A Locked System Using A Known Code When the theft-deterrent feature is armed or secure (SEC), the radio can enter the locked state if the power is removed from the radio for a long enough period or if the customer has accidentally entered the wrong number three times. (An error message is displayed after every wrong entry.) When the radio is locked, LOCK appears on the display and all radio functions are disabled. Before another attempt at the correct code can be made, the radio must be On and the display must show LOCK for an hour.
After an hour, "- - - -" will appear on the display and the correct code may be entered if it is known. Perform the following steps to unlock a locked system using a known code: Turn the ignition ON. Press the power button on the radio. The display will show "- - - -". Enter the four digit code by using the and rocker buttons. The numbers will start at 0 0 0 0 and will increase on the display each time the corresponding side of the rocker button is pushed. Press the down arrow side of rocker button to change left digit. Press the up arrow side of rocker button to change second to left digit. Press the down arrow side of rocker button to change third digit. Press the up arrow side of rocker button to change last digit. Push the AM/FM button once the four-digit code has been entered correctly. If the proper code has been entered, the radio will return to the armed mode and normal operation shall return. If the wrong code is entered, the display will momentarily show an error message and then return to display "- - - -" indicating that another try at the correct code can be attempted. here is a link to a site that can help you unlock your radio. Give that a try and let me know how you make out.
Good luck http://www.radio-code.com/GM-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm
if the red lines are not dashes as shown above then I think your radio is not locked, it is damaged. There are 2 radio fuses in the center console fuse block. I suggest removing both of them for a minute and reinstalling them to see if the issue resets itself. Make sure both fuses are good before re installing them. Aside from that I am thinking you will need a new radio. Thank you for the accept and good luck. By the way, there are places that repair factory radios...here is one example. http://easternelectronics.us/ You can search it on Google as well. Good luck

Edited by 15yearsaturnguy on 9/13/2010 at 10:11 AM EST