Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where can I find the thermostat on my 1999 saturn

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Saturn
6/24/2010
Saturn Mechanic: Ron Z., - Saturn Tech - replied 8 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

Can you give me model and engine size?

VIN: 1G82J5270xz193228

graphic

• Disconnect lower radiator hose at thermostat housing.graphic
  • Remove two bolts in water inlet housing.
  • Remove water inlet housing and thermostat assembly.
  • Remove O-ring. IMPORTANT: The O-ring gasket must be replaced whenever the thermostat housing is removed. graphic
  • Remove the thermostat element using the service tool provided with the replacement element.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? If you have any follow-up questions, please ask! I see you have made a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!