Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 saturn ion: key get stucks or wont turn over 95 percent..10-15…

Customer Question
2004 saturn ion . key...
2004 saturn ion . key get stucks or wont turn over 95 percent of the time. it will finally but after about 10-15 times trying. i have tryed slowly, fastly, turning the wheel , different ways to see what works best, XXXXX XXXXX no certain way . mostly luck now . but i am late, and never can come right home! i just want to cry. ( that doesnt help either!)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Saturn
6/24/2010
Saturn Mechanic: cartech, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
the ignition cylinder or the key is worn and needs replaced i would start with a new key from the dealer made from the vin number not duplicated from your key if this don't help i would change the ignition cylinder