Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 saturn ion: right rear passenger door..it clicks

Customer Question
The right rear passenger door...
The right rear passenger door on my 2006 Saturn ION3 won't open. The inside door latch appears to be working (it clicks open and shut) but the door won't open from the inside or the outside. What to do?
We have tried opening it with the engine on and off.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Saturn
6/15/2010
Saturn Mechanic: 15yearsaturnguy, Saturn master tech replied 8 years ago
15yearsaturnguy
15yearsaturnguy, Saturn master tech

if the latch is actuating but will not open then the internal workings of the latch are not working and unfortunately, you have to break it apart to open the door.

Remove the inner door panel and use a hammer and large screwdriver and keep hitting the latch until it frees the striker and the door opens.

I assume you tried to open it from the outside also.

Hope this helps