Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Saturn vue: front left caliper..s front disc brakes..push…

Customer Question
The dust seal on the...
The dust seal on the front left caliper for my 2003 Saturn Vue's front disc brakes will not reseat. This particular model car has a dual piston caliper. The left piston has reseated properly, while the right piston will reseat but the dust seal will not go back in properly as I push the piston back in.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Saturn
6/13/2010
Saturn Mechanic: Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Auto Go
Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

try using a very small pin and prick the boot just enough to let the air out that is trapped inside. I assume it's ballooning out as you push the piston back in. Poking a very small hole in it should release the air that is trapped inside and it should return to it's seated position.

This is only a dust boot and not a fluid seal. Only air should come out. If any fluid comes out when pricked, the inner fluid seal is leaking and the caliper will need to be replaced.

thanks and let me know if you need any more help!