Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

2006 Saturn Relay, 3.5L engine - Code P0449 and Code P0455 -

what do these codes mean?...
2006 Saturn Relay, 3.5L engine - Code P0449 and Code P0455 - what do these codes mean?
6/10/2010
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

The most common fault with the P0449 is the EVAP Vent Solenoid. It's located on the Fuel Tank (see image below). This will be a Dealer Only item. The OEM Part # is: 15208329

graphic

The most common fault with the P0455 is a loose/faulty Fuel Cap. Also, putting fuelk into the vehcile while it is running will set this code as well. If replacing the fuel cap does not solve the problem, the next best, ***** ***** way to diagnose this issue is to have the EVAP system "smoked". This is where smoke is forced into the EVAP system and the leak will reveal itself.

One more question - if this valve is a dealer only item, and since Saturn is out of business - where do I get a replacement valve?

Saturn isn't out of business yet... And if they are where you are located, any GM Dealer will still have Saturn parts in stock.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -