ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Technician GM certified
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 30 years GM certified
11302663

2008 saturn vue xr: awd..dashboard warning lights lit..abs

have 2008 saturn vue xr awd. dashboard warning lights lit up yesterday morning at startup, but abs., traction control, esp stayed on while awd is blinking. tried resetting with restarts all day long, even with 1 hr intervals. still the same. the truck has 45,ooo miles on it. thanks, paul g.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  ironmike replied 7 years ago.

greetings,

we need to start with getting the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most parts places will scan for free. You may have an abs sensor issue.keep me posted so we can continue to diagnose.

good luck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if i took it back to a saturn dealer, how much do you think it might cost?
Expert:  ironmike replied 7 years ago.

If they scan they might charge and hr labor and depending on the fix, like if a hub bearing/abs sensor maybe 1.5 hrs and 400$. You are just out side of 3/36, ask for goodwill if it is the front bearings. These go often. What ever it is ask for goodwill, people don't ask and don't get help. GM wants you to buy again and they are desperate now. I have seen them pay for all or part on many repairs out side warranty.

good luck