Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

2005 Saturn Vue: a warning light on the dashboard..RPM..battery light

I have a 2005 Saturn...
I have a 2005 Saturn Vue that has a warning light on the dashboard that is not listed in my owner's manual. It is on the RPM dial, down by the #8 and looks like a battery with only one terminal and has like water waves at the bottom. It is not the battery light as that is farther up on the dial. What does that light mean?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2009
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
HelloCustomer if it is the box with the waves inside thisis for low coolant. You need to check the vehicles coolant level. Let me know if you need more help.

Where is the place that I check for the low coolant? Is it the one with the overflow?

Yes, you want to add coolant through the overflow bottle. I would check it when ti is cold.
Would this be causing it to be hard to start at times or would that be due to fuel injectors being dirty? I have not done a fuel injector cleaning in a long time.
The low coolant would not cause this. If the fuel injectors were dirty they would cause this. Does the engine just crank over for a long time without starting?
Yes and then if you give it a little gas it will start. Is that that fuel injectors that needs to be cleaned.
More than likely it is not the injectors. This may be low fuel pressure or simply a dirty throttle body. If the throttle body is dirty it will make the vehicle hard to start.
If they clean the fuel injectors and flush the system will that take care of the throttle body or do I need to take it and have something replaced? Money is tight and am trying to figure out what is wrong before I take it in. Thank you for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
If you take the vehicle in and have the injectors flushed ask them to also clean out the throttle body. This should only cost about and extra $45. It is not hard at all to do so they should not charge you much.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
No problem. Let me know if you need any other help.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician