cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year master tech and shop owner
1511099

How do you disable the security system on a 2001 saturn sl1

how do you disable the security system on a 2001 saturn sl1
Category: Saturn
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.

Welcome I will assisting you. Please give me as much information as you can no matter how insignificant. If at anytime you need more information please ask. When you are completely satisfied then please accept my answer and leave positive feedback. If you cant leave positive feedback then my job is not done. Please ask for more information

im not sure you have a security issue it is most likely just the clutch safety switch

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, well how do i disable the clutch safety switch? and if it is the security system how do i disable that
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
the clutch switch is a safety issue if you bypass it you must be sure the clutch is in before starting so the car dont take off to bypass it the switch is on the pedal assymply under the dash it is 2 wires yellow and purple just jump the 2 wires and the switch will be bypassed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i jump the wires
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
you can cut them off the plug and use a butt conector stripe the wire and hook them together or you can just unplug it and use a paper clip and slide each end into the plug and tape it with electrical tape to keep it from falling out or touching any thing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
tried disconnecting the socket from the back of the clutch and putting a wire between the purple and yellow wires but when i try to start the car "security" comes on the dash display? wher is the security system and can we try to disable that ? if that works good if not will try something else.
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
before you try to disable the security it isnt easy at all do you have a test light
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
ok when you try to start the car check the yellow wire for power if you have power with the clutch switch hooked up and the clutch in check the purple for power while trying to start if you have power check the purple wire at the starter if you have power with the clutch in while trying to start then the starter is bad
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

okay be right back

Expert:  cartech replied 7 years ago.
ok