Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

saturn l200 starts and then dies wont stay running

8/2/2009
AMMaxey
AMMaxey, Saturn Technician
okay. does the security light come on or the service engine soon light? Is it a 4 cylinder engine?
its a 2,2 4 cyl also i pulled the fuel tank out because it said it was empty but it was full and there is no dome light no power locks no dash lights ive allready checked all the fuses if i hook a wire from the battery to the fuse i can turn on the lights and no the security light doesent come on
okay if the fuses are all good AND you have an issue with all those systems dome lights, dash lights, locks ect...it points to the body control system. The body computer controls all of those things including the fuel gauge. The body computer failing is VERY common on the L-Series vehicle.
would this cause the eng to start for 10 sec and then die and if so where is the body computer located

I find that usually it will only run for two to three seconds. What happens is the body computer quits functioning correctly so the car doesn't recieve the fuel enable signal from the Body Computer. It could be the body computer because it sounds like ti with all the other system failures. It is located behind the glove box, you have to take the glove box door and the box itself out to get to it. There are a bunch of phillips screws holding them in.

AMMaxey
AMMaxey, Saturn Technician
awsome ill go get one tomoro thank you
i accepted your awnser but it shows the money is still on my account how do i make sure you get the money and thank you ill buy a new one tomoro

just so you know the computer needs to be programmed so it may not be something you'll be able to do yourself. I just want you to know that ahead of time. don't worry about the money i believe it worked.

okay its not a prob at leaste i know what it is i put the gas tank back in and i pulled the box out and when i opened it up to look at the board inside one of the chips was melted to the board so i think it will fix my problem

yeah, if it's melted inside I would say that is certainly a problem. Glad that I could be of help.

thank you i did not no that that was the csps i thought it was for the lock out on the torqe converter

No problem.
i hit the accept and made the payment did it go thru

It says accepted back on a response on 8/1/2009. I am honestly not sure if it went through or not. If it still hasn't taken the money out of your account it probably did not work.

AMMaxey
AMMaxey
AMMaxey, Saturn Technician