Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

My diagonistic... P1779 P1780 P0700 What do they mean

Customer Question
These codes appeared in my...
These codes appeared in my diagonistic...
P1779
P1780
P0700
What do they mean???
Thank You Clarence
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Saturn
7/31/2009
Saturn Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician
What year, model, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks
2002 saturn vue awd
6cyl

These codes indicate there is likely a wiring problem or the ECM (Engine Control Module) needs to be replaced. At this point you would want to bring your vehicle to the dealership so they can erase the codes and reflash the computer then check again what codes come back and go from there. If the ECM is the problem you can get a used one from www.car-parts.com sort by price and have them ship it to you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks

P1779 Engine Torque Signal Below Lower Limit Detected

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Perform an Onboard Diagnostic System Check of the ECM
  • Repair any other ECM related trouble codes stored in memory
  • ECM may have failed

P1780 Torque Reduction Request Failed

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • The ECM is not sending the required information to the TCM (the problem is not related to the TCM)
  • Check for any trouble codes related to the CAN data bus
  • ECM has failed

P0700 Transmission Control Module Requested MIL Operation - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Perform the Diagnostic System Check for Vehicle Controls
  • Refer to any trouble codes that are identified after the check is completed.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician