Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Gearbox malfunction light come on due the day, but no

Customer Question
Gearbox malfunction light come...

Gearbox malfunction light come on due the day, but no trouble driving at night

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No code

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Saab Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Saab?

2006 Saab 93

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

None

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saab
4/1/2018
Saab Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You're seeing the transmission warning because the transmission control module is seeing a failure somewhere in the system and setting fault codes. There are many possible causes for this and some testing will be required to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem may be the TCM itself, wiring, solenoids, speed sensors, it may be an internal transmission issue. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there accordingly.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you for your reply. Is solenoid hard to replace

Not for someone experienced.