Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 9-3 aero saab and i cant find the fuel filter…

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 9-3 aero saab and i cant find the fuel filter to replace it. Can you help me find its location?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Saab 9-3. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That is about it thank u so much! ;)

3/25/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER

Hi, my name is ***** ***** fuel filter is built into the fuel pump inside the tank, and is not servicable seperately, if the fuel filter plugs up, the fuel pump has to be replaced, Tim

I went to a auto part store and they sold me a fuel filter for my Saab.

then they gave you the wrong one, these are integrated into the fuel pump module, and there is no replacement for them,the whole module has to be replaced,Tim

Ok. The reason why I wanted to replace it was cause when I turn the car on it throws with smoke and smells like gas through the muffler

is the smoke white or grey?

White. They told me that the fuel injectors are dirty.

does it clear up after driving it?

after driving the car a few block it start clearing up

ok, and it only smokes like this when it has sat for awhile and only on start ups?

it takes a while to start.

ok, then ,Yes, you have a sticking injector, when it sits, the injector are suppose to be closed, when the get dirty, the they dont seat correctly and it drips slightly fuel into the cylinder, which will eventually flood it out, making hard to start, and cause the light grey smoke until it burns off, you can get a product called BG 44K, this is a very good injector cleaner, add a can to a full tank and drive it, do not refill the tank until it is below 1/4, this will clear up the situation,Tim

OK thank u very much for your help.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER