Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Saab 9-3 convertible: I insert my key and turn the key…

Customer Question
2003 Saab 9-3 convertible: ...

2003 Saab 9-3 convertible:

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I insert my key and turn the key to start. All the check lights come on but no starter engagement. No sounds at all. Battery is fine. Is this a starter relay problem or is there another sensor in the column or at the key?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

There is a wheel lock. Same sympton in neutral and Park

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saab
3/23/2018
Saab Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

We have SCL,steering column lock, you will hear click when press on brake pedal ? do you hear it ?

Do you have aces to GM Tech II scanner to Read fault codes ?

u have one or 2 keys , ? have you check key fob battery ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

We had a TSB BULLETIN on key fob ?

all fuse checked ?

click on link to view PDF file how to check key fob

I am repairing this myself. FOB Battery is fine. No fault codes. I am going to the car where I left it to check the steering wheel. All fuses good. I haven't check the relay yet.

Check the steering lock if it clicks

Click on link to view Lock location and circuit diagram, we have the switch , lock and cim module and they all work together

let me know when you do that and we go from there ,I will try to help you with it

Can you turn from off to on ,or no ?

the key has full range.
But more confusion on my part. The 2003 9-3 does not have a steering wheel locking system. I just went to the parking lot where I left the car last night. The car started right up. It has decided to heal itself. Any ideas what went wrong?

ISM , switch ,

starter relay

KEy fob rf signal

but i cant be sure

not sure why your 03 does not steering lock system, that is the 03 i pulled up and all the one i seen has , but you there and i m not :)

I would have it scanned with GM TEch II scanner you can still read what we call Pending or History faults codes so you are not guessing will be my advice on it

that is good it crank this time but you want to know what happened

If you get fault codes ,u can pist them back here and i can send you pin point troubleshoot on it

read below how to get back in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.