Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Immobilizer failure came up on my sid this morning any help?

Customer Question
Immobilizer failure came up...

Immobilizer failure came up on my sid this morning any help ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

05 linear

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, well I first got a message a while ago said steering lock malfunction so I replaced the ism and cim and nothing still came up, so I got a used column and installed it today with a new cim and ism pair to each other and now immobilizer failure comes up and won’t allow to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes checked the battery 12.9 amps and terminals are clean

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
3/24/2018
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Does a new ism have to be programmed to cim ? Or can I just hook up wires and it work ?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes it does, will require a GM TECH II scanner or equivelnat to do that unfortunately

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

How to pair new ism to cim? With tech 2 if new ism and key won’t turn to on?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

The tech II should come on ,just by plug it in , there should be power on dlc with key off or out

How to add the new ism though is there a category to select?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

There should be Remove and replace module and you scroll down the page ,or add module

Okay thanks if I have any more questions I’ll message ya
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

ok sounds good ,you are welcome

Read below how to get back in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You ?ASE Certified Technician

Does it matter if it is a used ism ? With the original cim? I have been getting immobilizer failure how to fix that problem?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

it has to be new ISM , YOU CAN NOT REPROGRAM USED ONE

Does a new cim and ism work if I bought them as a pair can I program them to the car
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

new ones only

used ism and cim can not be reprogramed to another car

My main problem is now I have the original cim and ism, but the ism will allow me to turn it with my finger or anything else the light and stuff work but the fob doesn’t work when trying to lock to unlock nor the windows work, any suggestions? New ism needed ?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago

new ones only

The immobilizer code goes away after I put the original cim in but the ism won’t let me start the car and the usual checking... doesn’t pop up either what could it be ?
Saab Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

A​t this time I will opt out for other experts ,Since not sure if we are on same page

Please do not reply back to me since it will lock question back to my screen so other expert want see it to help you ,wait and another expert will pick it up

Any help?