Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 SAAB 9-3 with a no start, no crank condition.

Second opinion] I have 2003...
Second opinion] I have 2003 SAAB 9-3 with a no start, no crank conditionJA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?Customer: battery is fully charged, even tried another battery. all dash light workJA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I am, I have changed the ignition switch, and the Transmission range switchJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
3/21/2018
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Dennis Gooch

Hi! Are you seeing a solid or flashing theft light when you turn key to the crank position? Have you been able to scan car for any stored codes ?

Which light are you referring to? I have not been able to connect for codes, i do not have a tech 2. But i have tried 3 other scanners and they all say no communication. I thought even without a tech 2, that i should get some type of communication.

The security/theft light would be on the instrument cluster. Yes, you should get basic communication with any OBDII scanner. Have you ran thru and checked all the fuses?

Security light does not blink with the key on, have checked all fuses several times. I have changed the ignition switch, and the transmission range sensor (neutral safety switch). Fuel pump sounds like it primes, and i have jumped the starter relay and the engine will crank, but not run with key on.

I just found reference material for that year/model that states that you HAVE to use a tech II on that vehicle and that you HAVE to re-initialize / recognize new ignition switch with a tech II. This was the last year before consumer protection laws forced them to be compatible with universal scanners. :( Your going to have to start there. I remember this now from the last one of those older ones I worked on (It's been awhile). Wish I had better news.

Dennis Gooch