Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Misfire rough idle. Consistent. 06 9.3 aero 2.8l. I have…

Misfire rough idle Mechanic's...

Misfire rough idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

06 9.3 aero 2.8l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have codes P0202, P0300-306. I checked for spark it has it. I checked fuel pressure while running 40lbs at idle 50lbs when I rev it up. I pulled the intake of and checked the injectors they all have 14.5 ohms I used a noid light. Every cyl but #2 has a signal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the injectors wire on#2 back to control module connector, it has impedance

3/20/2018
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers

we have a fuse a relay (229) then injectors then 2 wires , one is power and one is pulsed ground ,if there is power and pulsed ground and your ohms are close at 14 .5 ,u need to see 12

you need swap injectors ,does fault moves ?

we need power from relay and ground from ecm , and is the injector working , swap it and see

click on link to view fuel injectors wiring circuit for injectors to ecm

With all that said

Looks like a shorted circuit but I found a few cases of the same codes leading to ECM replacement as the fix.

check for short to power, ground or between wires. Then check injectors (12 ohms), you got 14.5 is good , but check at the ECM for injector pulse from each driver, but I think you'll find it confirms what you already know.

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

this the relay we need to check R4

Hi Shawn The info you sent me was for a 2.0L Turbo I'm working on a 2.8L 6-cyl turbo. Could you forward the correct info , and if you have any wiring diagrams that would be great. Also when it was running it was stuck in OL Fault, and STFT, and LTFT did not change they were both at 0 even if I reved it up. Thanks

I m sorry, this the 6 cylinder 2.8 liter

wiring circuits ,

I still believe the ecm is the issue '

Shawn I'm pretty sure your right, I'm having a hard time locating a used one around me in MN. Do you know any place that sells used Saab parts? Thanks

I wish I knew any in MN, I live in SC

I get them off ebay.com

here is one on ebay ,click on link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-2006-SAAB-9-3-V6-ECU-ECM-ENGINE-COMPUTER-55560279-E55-HFV6-0261209032-Aero/183027247315?hash=item2a9d4628d3:g:wbQAAOSwvktaYpWZ&vxp=mtr

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Shawn Few