Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trunk lid won’t latch closed. No it appears the latch part…

Customer Question
Trunk lid won’t latch...

Trunk lid won’t latch closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No it appears the latch part won’t fully retract to allow it to catch. Is there a quick fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

1998 Saab 9-5 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to open up the clasp which is only part way extended. Then got online

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Saab
3/14/2018
Saab Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
If somehow the latch got latch while it was open put a screwdriver in and while you hit the unlock button open up the catch.If that won't work then the latch is faulty and you need to replace it.If I've answered your question to satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that is the only way that I'm compensated for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you can continue to ask questions even after hitting accept.