Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2001 Saab 9-3 2 door that I cannot unlock the trunk…

Customer Question
Have a 2001 Saab...

Have a 2001 Saab 9-3 2 door that I cannot unlock the trunk with with the

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried fixing the trunk problem myself..I have tried manually and electronically with the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key electronically beeps but does not open the trunk lock

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 2 days by:
3/14/2018
Saab Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
If it won't open the trunk then the electronic solenoid that pops the trunk is faulty or the latch itself may be bad or disconnected. You're going to have to climb back there and remove the inner trunk trim to get to the latch. Also there should be an emergency release in the trunk to release open the trunk.