Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Controls for heater, A/C and heated seats not working. When…

Controls for heater, A/C...

Controls for heater, A/C and heated seats not working. When key is on blower runs on low. It started doing this about a week ago. Everything would work fine and than stop. After a few minutes it would work fine again. Last week it stopped again. Fan still runs with key on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level is fine. After the car runs for a while the car is very warm inside. Temperature gauge reads fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

2005 Saab 9-3 linear 4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the resistor. No change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

For some reason, every time it stopped working I would get a warning code for the traction control failure.

3/8/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Based upon the symptoms, I suspect that the climate control unit is faulty but I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics to review them and verify problem

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
last 8 digits of the vin 51000964
Thank you,

Ok, give me about 15 minutes or so to pull all schematics and review them.

Thank you