Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Exhaust problem! I recently put in a new Exhaust…

Hi ! I have a...
Hi ! I have a Exhaust problem ! I recently put in a new Exhaust system and sensors . It sounds very noisy and the engine seems to be lacking power and my engine light come on . can you help ?
3/1/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Did you install a factory exhaust system, aftermarket designed specifically for your vehicle, or aftermarket universal exhaust system?

Did you hollow out the converter, install an aftermarket universal converter, or not change the converter?

do the right counts
I mean the year of the car
Direct fit parts

HI,

Ok, have you had the computer scanned for fault codes, and if so, what are the fault codes?

And did you replace the catalytic converter?

p0101 code
My phone is off and I am at work are on after 5 pm

HI,

Ok, this is a code for the Mass Air Flow sensor, which will cause the check engine light to come on and the lack of power. It is located in the air tube from the air cleaner assembly to the throttle body - see attached.

You may or may not have separate issues between the loud noise and lack of power, depending upon if the loud noise is from the engine compartment or underneath the vehicle.

IF from the engine compartment, make sure that connections for the air cleaner, air tube and mass air flow sensor are tight and not leaking air, which will cause the noise and mass air flow sensor fault.

If from underneath the vehicle, then you have an exhaust leak and a separate failure of the mass air flow sensor

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Rate *****

thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager