Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My lights on my dashboard are not staying on their

Customer Question
My lights on my...

My lights on my dashboard are not staying on their flickering and then shutting completely off like there's a switch somewhere not working right and my dashboard with my speedometer and all my lights aren't working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No I just got the car yesterday used and I had just noticed this problem and I was trying to get a download of the service manual so I can find out where all these things are but I wondered if that was would cause the lights to flicker like that and just seems like a wire is not connected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

Cuz it's not like they stay off all the time they flicker

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Saab?

I have a 1997 Saab 900 SE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 900 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Right now I haven't done anything yet but yeah I normally I fix my own car that's why I was looking for the service manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well I am also when I turn the key on it been dead for a while so we jump the battery ran it for a lot yesterday you did fine this morning when I turn the key on it like paused and then tried to start and then turned over so I'm wondering if it is a switch problem with that also

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Saab
1/9/2018
Saab Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing to be replaced or possibly an issue with a component like loose connections to the instrument gauge cluster or the gauge cluster itself at fault needing to be replaced.These will all need to be checked into/tested to locate which is the cause than from there it can determine what needs to be repaired or replaced.This will require some special test equipment to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete