Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

07 Saab 9-3 recently and regularly serviced by Saab Pro,

Customer Question
07 Saab 9-3 recently...

07 Saab 9-3 recently and regularly serviced by Saab Pro, driven daily. Ran beautifully on Sat. parked the car as usual outside Temp -18c- tried to start on Sunday-no go. Car cranked many times with fresh battery, 93 oct gas. Just sputtered repeatedly but refuses to start! Any ideas? D.B. Toronto Canada

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Very eco on gas, usually starts on first crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Recharged the battery, checked fuses and relays- all nominal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saab
1/2/2018
Saab Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

How many miles on the car? It sounds like it might have flooded. That is it is getting to much fuel. You can try to start it by holding the gas pedal to the floor and crank the engine. When it starts hold the pedal at about quarter pedal. If not the plugs will have to be taken out and cleaned or replaced. The engine coolant temp sensor will sometimes glitch and cause the fuel system to inject to much fuel. Try this and get back to me when you can.

Pete, Mechanic