Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a saab 9-3 2004 it will crank and try to start but…

Customer Question
I have a saab...

I have a saab 9-3 2004 it will crank and try to start but wont checked fuel has plenty coming out of the line i put my code reader on it the codes that came up were p1523 & PO638

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Maybe 2 hours before it started doing this i didn't really smell any gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am its my sons car iv never worked on a saab not sure where to start i have just checked to make sure the fuel pump is working and that it is getting fuel to the fuel rail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Saab
12/28/2017
Saab Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

The DTC P0638 and DTC P1523 indicate a throttle body malfunction

Click on link to view trouble shoot and code description for both

The most common cause is TB body need replacement , it will take car in limp mode and want have power because the ecm is not sensing the correct tb body plate movement compared to gas pedal

this one on ebay used

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-2004-2005-2006-SAAB-9-3-93-THROTTLE-BODY-OEM-PART-60-DAY-WARRANTY/191788778768?hash=item2ca7808510:g:TwAAAOSwFqJWoX6L:sc:USPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope!53718!US!-1&vxp=mtr

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat