Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

2007 Saab 9.3 2.0 5 speed automatic transmission going in…

Customer Question
2007 Saab 9.3 2.0...

2007 Saab 9.3 2.0 5 speed automatic transmission going in gear hard and slipping with rapid acceleration. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

83000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Saab?

9.3 2.0l 4 door sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Waiting on someone to project what the problem is

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Saab Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

I would drain fluid and check for any metal shavings in it, if clean, replace it and retest it ,if shavings found , it will need rebuild especially if the slippage started gradually and got worse and no visible leaks on the ground from transmission

if the slippage started suddenly then it could be a valve body , shifting solenoid ,tcm module , etc .. issue and you will need a gm tech II scanner to read the tcm module to retrieve faults and based on these faults we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate

I would recommend that for sure ,you can post the faults code back here for me and i can help you further on it .

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat