Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

I need to manually open trunk lip on a 2005 9-3 saab

Customer Question
I need to manually...

I need to manually open trunk lip on a 2005 9-3 saab convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

I need to open it to repair a leaking cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the lip where the convertible top cylinder that leaking i need to replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i just need to know on how to open the lip by hand

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Saab
12/12/2017
Saab Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I don't see a manual way to open this here.Usually, you can open the top and when it gets to the point you need it at you can turn off the key and it should hold temporarily but keep in mind it may fold down or up on its own so keep your eyes open for that so it doesn't harm you.The only manual procedure I see for the convertible top is posted below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt3fu1fgd04y822/ro-12-12.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

That is not what I need I need the lip between the top and the trunk open

Let me see if I can locate any info on this.I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

I am not finding anything else on this.Let me open this up for others to see if anyone else can assist further on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician