Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 9.5 2.3 turbo issue the dash shows circle with P for…

Customer Question
2002 9.5 2.3 turbo...

2002 9.5 2.3 turbo issue the dash shows circle with P for parking and a triangle with I and the ding comes on. what is issue. can I drive and how to shut off ding

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Not longmaybe a week

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I canshut of ding I will do that. pulled on and off the parking break several times turned off engine. hit the clear button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it safe to drive 400 miles.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Saab Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

first can you Try this reset and let me know if it goes awayanf for how long drive it around the block

and if it does go away ,does the car have full power comparing to before when warning light was on ,if they went away

any problem with throttle if you get on it

is it shifting good ?

lets start here and we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat