Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Not a hundred percent but pretty sure something's messed up…

Customer Question
Not a hundred percent...

Not a hundred percent but pretty sure something's messed up with the head gasket it's been messed up car runs good but it's got no heat and it kind of does have a carbon monoxide smell Dolan but people are telling me it's not worth doing isn't it can I do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

I've had issues with the coolant pretty much since I got the car and had two different things fixed but it's still always kind of messed up and now then I got worse and then once I lost the Heat that's when people started saying the head gasket was gone so yeah it's a coolant I don't know really slow leak but there's no heat now who I've had forever he doesn't like to work with Saabs but he said he smelled the carbon monoxide coming from the coolant thing so yeah I know it's not like an expensive for a thermostat but I don't know who to trust to put one in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?

Not sure what the model is but it says 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

LOL no not fixing it myself yet but if it ain't real complicated I might Google it oh I did put some sealant in the radiator no not in the radiator in that I think in the coolant thing yeah and I don't really helped for a while but still no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

You are fast

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Saab
11/17/2017
Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please standby.

Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

What model is your 2004 saab?

Saab Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Lack of heat could be several things. It could definitely be a cooling system issue but it could also be a restricted heater core or a blend door issue in the heater box.

The first step in diagnosing the issue would be to check the coolant level. If the coolant is low enough then there will be no flow through the eater core and you won't have heat. Have you checked the coolant level?