Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

My hood latch will not open my hood on my 2007 9-3. I've

Customer Question
My hood latch will not...
My hood latch will not open my hood on my 2007 9-3.
I've tried pulling the cable with vice grips from inside the car, and I've tried grabbing the level through the grill with pliers (and it will come forward but not spring the hood).
Is there a way to take my grill off without wrecking it?
My battery died so I need to jump the car and I can't get in the hood...
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
10/12/2017
Saab Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 1 month ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

When you are pulling cable with vice grips , get someone to push down on the bonnet to

release the pressure on release spring.

Please keep me informed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, I've tried that too to no avail.
:(

Can you see the latch through the grill , if so do the same whilst you pull on the spring.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried that too......
pushing on the hood does nothing (except of course bounce the car up and down :(
I think the cable snapped so I need to figure out how to open the hood (battery is dead, and therefore steering wheel is also locked.... so I can't get it towed)

The bonnet latch is sprung loaded so pushing down releases the pressure to make the latch easier to pull.

You are going to try and remove grill and see if you get better purchase on the latch.

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician