Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

2004 Saab the battery light came on and the steering wheel

Customer Question
locked up. We just replaced...
2004 Saab the battery light came on and the steering wheel locked up. We just replaced the battery but the steering wheel is still locked
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: 9-5
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It cranks and it goes in gear but the steering wheel is locked like it has no steering fluid and it does
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2017
Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Did the battery light and power steering problem happen at the same time?

Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Have you checked the serpentine belt for damage or a pulley seized?

Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello, just checking if any updates?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No i did not check because i dont know anything about anyone of those so I'm going to have it towed to a mechanic
Saab Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok. Good luck with with your vehicle and have a blessed day.

Mark N
Mark N
Mark N, Saab Master Technician