Saab

Saab Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saab

The engine cuts off when driving. It is a 95 saab 900 se. It

Customer Question
The engine cuts off when...
The engine cuts off when driving. It is a 95 saab 900 se
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It is an automatic 109,000
JA: Are you fixing your 900 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: crank position sensor, timing belt, plugs and wires, water pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when it does cut off, it wont restart unless I unplug the coil wire and plug it back in. Then it starts right back up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saab
Answered in 1 day by:
10/11/2017
Saab Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. You may be losing spark, fuel, it's possible that the engine controller is going down for whatever reason and you're losing both spark and fuel.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician