Saab

Saab problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a used 2003 9-3 2.0 linear model. I was told the…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used 2003 9-3 2.0 linear model. I was told the ecm needed to be replaced. the fuel pump has been replaced and injectors have been replaced by previous owner. when I purchased the vehicle you could unhook the battery and it would run and drive for about 10 to 15 miles for a few days. then it got worse. now it wont start. just turns over. the previous owner included another ecm probably used. I'm not sure what to do to get the replacement ecm to work with this vechicle. the previous owner said it needs to be programmed or married. what do you think i should do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

The previous owner said the fuel pump has been replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done any thing yet. people have told me to bypass the immobilizer but i really don't want to . I want to fix it correctly. I was going to fix it myself if that is an option. I just don't want to jimmy rig it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The injectors have also been replaced

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saab
9/25/2017
Saab Mechanic: Fix_It_Man, Other replied 8 months ago
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Other

Hello, my name is***** can very well be caused by a bad computer. I have changed a lot of computers on these vehicles. I would usually start though by testing to see if the vehicle is no longer getting spark or fuel and then diagnosing it from there. It does not appear to be an immobilizer issue though. If you have a spare computer that may work, but it will need to be programmed by a dealer or shop with the right equipment to allow it to communicate with the other computers in the vehicle. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.

Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Other